Wednesday, December 30, 2009

DIY Check: Wreaths!

I've been trying to get some things done before school starts back in a few days. Yesterday, I made silk peony wreaths that will go on the church doors. I hit the jackpot at AC Moore and found 32 stems on sale for $0.50 each --> AMAZING (they had been $3 each). I bought 18" grapevine wreaths and some green wire to attach the flowers with. I'm really excited about how well they came out! I may get some wooden letters for our first names and put them in the middle, but I'm not sure yet. I had to hang them with a ribbon on my wall to take a picture, but I'll figure out a pretty way to hang them with a bow or ribbon for the church doors. Here's what they look like:

























1 comment:

  1. They turned out great! Wood letters painted on the inside would look great too.

    ReplyDelete