Monday, May 3, 2010

Update.... 19 days to go!

Wow, can you believe it? I'm not sure that I even can. Today is 19 days from the wedding, we're in the teens!!

We had a super productive Friday/weekend! First, on Friday we got our Marriage License! This is so exciting and it was so easy! Yay, it's official. Then, we met with our reception coordinator at The State Club, Wendy. She has been so helpful and really knows what she's doing. We discussed everything that we could possibly think of! We finalized our reception menu and have almost decided on all of the hors d'oeuvres and drinks for cocktail hour. This is what our menu will most likely look like, although I might make some slight edits before we print:
We met with Sweet Memories (our cake bakery) too on Friday. The last time we had met with them, we had just discussed ideas for the design of the cake. Well, this time we talked specifics and finalized the design. We even picked out a color swatch for them to match the cake to. We picked Bella Pink, which is this lovely, light pink color(simulated color swatch below). This will be the base color of the cake with white/creamy brushed embroidery icing decorations. There will also be silvery-white bands of fondant around each tier, with a beautiful bow tie-like bow on the 3rd tier. LOVE IT!
We met with Joe Bunn, our DJ on Friday afternoon to go over reception music and logistics. We have a few more songs to pick out, but we're close! I'm confident that he'll do an amazing job!

Yesterday, I finally found a cute dress to wear to the Bridesmaid's Luncheon that we're having the day before the wedding. I'm excited about it, it's a white and ivory two-toned dress from J. Crew with this x/petal design. Here's the dress I got, except in the white/ivory color. I liked the pink, but they didn't have it in my size in the store, so I went with the white one.
Now, for things to do this week... we have to submit our final numbers/order to our florist today (or tomorrow at the latest). We've got most of it decided, we're just trying to decide between ordering 18 or 19 tables, we're right on the edge... I don't know what to do!! Today is also the day that we have to drop the rooms in our hotel block that haven't been booked. We're trying to make sure everyone who hasn't done this does it today, so that they can be in our block! I've worked so hard on the OOT bags, I want as many people to be in the block as possible, lol!

This week, we'll finally PRINT the reception menus that will be placed at each persons place setting. I'll probably start printing the ceremony programs, although these will be a pain because they will take so long. I guess I'd better get going, lol!

There's more, I know it. I'll keep posting with more updates! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're getting so much done. How exciting you're only 19 days away! Looking forward to hearing more up until then!

    ReplyDelete