Saturday, March 13, 2010

DIY Bouquet

I'm going to DIY a bouquet for my bridal portrait next Sunday. I wanted to practice picking out the flowers and putting them together to see how it'd go. So, yesterday I went to Trader Joe's and bought a bunch of flowers. I got ranunculus, roses, and a daisies/mums mix.

I took off all of the foliage so that it was just the stems and flowers. Then, I slowly bunched them together, starting from the center, moving outward. It really takes a ton of flowers to get a substantial looking bouquet. So, after I got the flowers all arranged how I'd like, I tied a pretty pink bow around the stems. I used some cute pearl pins to secure the ribbon.

Next time, I think I'll go for less green and white, and use more solid pinks. The ranunculus were also pretty hard to work with because their stems are wider and flimsier than rose stems. They also get floppy in the bouquet really easy. I think it came out pretty good for a first try. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment